Monday, June 10, 2013

Greetings from Colorado

I left Tennessee on Saturday and I have been traveling around Colorado for the past few days. I'll be here until next Saturday before starting the long drive back. So far, the scenery has been beautiful and with all the rivers, this is a great place to kayak!

We (me and Tommy Clapp) started out our first run with a bang yesterday. We ran the Upper Animas, which is a class IV run with a class V gorge at the end. We paddled at total of 29 miles in 6 hours, ending with the box gorge. The hike out was exhausting but worth it for the run. So far it's been a great trip, just bumming around Colorado, living out of the SUV we're traveling in, paddling whatever we want to!


This is some of the scenery from the road.

Prepping for the river. (I'm on the left)
 On the river.


More on the river.

Today we're going to run a rive called the Uncompadre and after that we're going to do some mountain biking. Colorado is a wilderness paradise, one which I am going to love exploring over the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment